Driving value across innovative procurement models
Do you want to feel more inspired by your work? Want to feel part of something greater than yourself or your immediate Procurement management team? If so, we’ve got a mission worth getting on board with.
Forget the conventional stereotypes of procurement careers. When you join Philips, you are joining an elite group with a worldwide reputation for developing highly innovative procurement models and supply chain solutions that affect lives and communities globally. Responsible for all Non-Product Related (NPR) and Bill of Material (BOM) operations, together Philips Procurement and Supply Chain teams drive synergies and efficiencies across all of Philips business areas, delivering value through strategic sourcing and end-to-end (E2E) activities from demand analysis to invoicing and payment.
Your Mission in Procurement at Philips
The best part is of working in procurement at Philips is that you’ll be amongst great people that are passionate about working together to achieve our mission of improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025. Our teams are comprised of like-minded managers and buyers who are united by a passion for using their technical skills to create value for new innovations that improve the world. Take Mike Bravo’s story above as an example; he and his team rallied over night to ensure quality product supply to the victims of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. But a passion for doing good isn’t all a procurement career at Philips is all about.
There is ‘doing great’ as well. Philips serves as a recognized international company benchmark for world-class group procurement methodologies, with a number of tracked strategic process improvements in the areas of Commodity and Supplier Account Management that have proven to reduce cost levels while maintaining quality across the end-to-end value chain. Excellence is in our DNA and we are always looking for others who can add to it.
Types of Purchasing & Procurement Roles at Philips
- Sourcing Specialists: operating on behalf of Philips businesses to handle every step of the group procurement process, from demand analysis to final invoicing and payment
- Regional Commodity Cluster Manager: regional responsibility for managing a sourcing team within a particular geographic area and group of commodities
- Commodity Manager: globally responsible for managing a sourcing team dedicated to specific commodity types
- Supplier Account Manager: supporting Philips’ overall business goals by building and maintaining strong relationships with strategic and key preferred suppliers, including the management of total cost of ownership
- Initial Buyer: enabling the ongoing supply management of a commodity or group of commodities at the lowest total cost to meet the defined requirements of requestors within Philips’ Business Unit Procurement organizations