Main course for 4
10 minutes preparation
+ cooling / grilling 12 minutes
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- Thyme (dried or fresh)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 double rib eye steaks (300 g / 10 oz each)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Tabasco (or other hot red pepper sauce)
- Mix 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp (freshly) ground pepper, the paprika, 2 tsp thyme and 1/2 tbsp oil together. Rub the meat all over with the spice mixture.
- Chop the peppers into big chunks.
- For the aioli, peel and crush the garlic and mix with the mayonnaise, a few drops of Tabasco and a pinch of pepper.
- Place the meat on the grill. Grill everything for 15 minutes, turning the meat and peppers halfway.
- Take the meat off the grill and place it on a cutting board. Cover with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut the meat into thick slices and arrange them with the peppers and aioli on 4 warm plates.
Serve with a mixed salad and rustic bread or jacket potatoes.