Rated 3 out of
I was expecting the name to hold up the product, huge mistake!
I purchased this unit new on ebay, after trying to get this unit from a Philips email promotion that had sold out.
Should've kept my $.
I have previously used other branded epilator with no complaint other than a rash because the teeth on it are metal.
When I unboxed this one, I was pleasantly surprised how well it looked & the accessories.
That opinion changed the 1st time I attempted to epilate my legs.
IT DID NOTHING!
When I attempted to use on my underarms, it only half worked.
I feel so let down & do not recommend it for anyone at all :-(
Date published: 2017-06-30
Rated 4 out of
Simple no fuss
A few weeks back I was sent this epilator to review. I was a little nervous with memories of the rotating spring style torture devices of the 80s running through my brain.
This was a pleasant surprise in that there was very little pain (it is pulling your hair out so the occasional ouchy cannot be avoided). Also I have psoriasis, there is a warning concerning consulting a doctor if you have that or eczema, I didn`t; just dove right in. With my skin condition, even as mild as my case is, shaving is next to impossible this was actually the best hair removal method I have ever used solely in terms of it not irritating my skin or causing horror movie levels of bloodshed.
The only detractor for me is that it takes several passes to remove the hair.
Date published: 2017-03-02
Rated 5 out of
Best Epilator I've Tried!!
I received this product as a free sample to try and review. I want to make it clear that the fact that it was free does not affect my opinion of the product. Since I have used different epilators for many years, I am very experienced in what to expect for such a product and have a basis by which to compare it.
Overall, I was very impressed with this epilator. I frankly did not expect it to perform as well as it does. Here are some of the high points of my experience:
1. The appearance of the epilator is white with a satin purple section at the top. The product looks very ladylike and will look pretty even if left out on your counter. However, if you prefer, a white drawstring bag comes with it for storage.
2. The epilator is not too heavy and is easy to hold in your hand since it is curved. I also found it especially nice that the part which touches your skin with the `tweezers` is also slightly curved, so it goes over your skin easily and smoothly. There are also some raised lines on the sides of the handle that help you grip the device more easily.
3. I found the `ouch` factor with this epilator to be much less than what I was used to with my old ones. It does not hurt to use, even though it is pulling hairs out from the roots. It also has two speeds so you can go slower on more tender areas.
4. The charge on the epilator lasted for longer than what I am used to as well. After a month, I only needed to charge it once and charging it with the provided adapter is quick (about 1.5 hours). Of course, since the hair is being pulled from the roots, it does not grow in as quickly as shaving, meaning I did not have to use the epilator constantly. I also love the fact that the epilator is cordless, since reaching different parts of your body with a corded one can be so much more difficult.
5. The epilator comes with a number of accessories: a massage cap and two caps that are used for the face and tender areas. These cut down the area exposed to the tweezers for more comfort and for tighter areas. It also comes with the adapter for charging and a brush for cleaning. Finally, a shaving head is included if you wish to shave instead of epilating. This makes the device very versatile since you have two devices in one.
6. One of new features I love that I have never had on an epilator before is a light that comes on when you are using the device. This makes it much easier to see the hairs that you are pulling. There is also a light that indicates when the battery is charging (white for charging) and orange when the battery is running low during epilation.
In conclusion, this epilator has many features my old ones did not have, is comfortable and easy to use, and is versatile I absolutely love it!!!
Date published: 2017-02-17
Rated 5 out of
Epilator Bre630 Love
This epilator Bre630 is the best thing a company could send to me to test and review. This epilator is so easy to use and assemble that I was so ready to use without the need of reading any directions. But as a good product tester would do, I read the instructions and was interested and actually understood the steps.
Now to the real test, after first use. I used the epilator tweezing cap which removed the long hairs from my chin and underarm. After most hairs were tweezed, I used the epilator foil shaver for the remaining hairs left behind.
My chin felt nice and my underarm felt clean.
As I went on about my day several days later, I received compliments on my make-up and coverage. I was like thanks, but it's the same as always. My sister noted that my face looked smoother. I told her it must be the new epilator I'm using (with a smile)
Fast forward to a week later....using the epilator every two days as a maintenance manager and two weeks into use still waiting for more long stubborn hairs to appear. NONE WHATSOEVER!!! My hairs were actually growing slower in the problematic ears and much more finer. This epilator B630 is definitely one that I highly recommend to family, friends and anyone who wants long lasting hair removal. I also suggested to my sister to make the switch. This product has impressed me beyond what I thought it would. My favorite tool to use is the tweezer cap where all I do is maintenance thereafter.
I give it a definite 5-star rating. Love my Epilator Bre630
Date published: 2017-02-11
Rated 5 out of
This one is a Keeper!
This one is a keeper! This epilator is one of the best ones I have ever used. If this is your first time ever using an epilator the first will always sting no matter which one you use. After using one a few times you won't even feel it. This one was a lot smoother the first time using it. I did not have to go over my legs multiple times because of missed hairs like I have had do with others before. I like that this epilator came with multiple attachments and can be used wet or dry. I have used it to remove hair from my under arms, legs, and bikini line. Although this was my first time using it for my bikini area and I think that area will take a little more getting used to. A few passes in I stopped and finished with the shaver head. I think I will have to slowly ease into that area. I like the easy to grip handle and built in light to use for the hard to see hairs. Overall I would highly recommend this product!
Date published: 2017-01-27
Rated 5 out of
I received this product to review and I`m so glad I did! I haven`t used an Epilator in years and was apprehensive of the pain but it wasn`t as bad as I thought it would be! It Takes a little getting used to, but does a great job removing unwanted hair. The massager afterwards was fun to use too!
Date published: 2017-01-25
Rated 4 out of
Does the job!
I am writing this review in exchange for receiving this product free of charge. First off, let's be honest - no epilator packaging should ever have the words "effortless and comfortable" on it. There is nothing "comfortable" about hair, from any location on your, being yanked out! Not to mention, it takes a lot of "effort" to keep going! Moving on from that, I am quite pleased. I used this product both in the shower and out of the shower. I found it to be slightly less painful in the shower - maybe the heat/steam helps to open the hair shaft. The unit also has a bright light that helps to see what still needs to come out. The unit has two speeds, which also helps. I tried the epilator when my leg hair was longer (about 1/4") then shorter (1/8"). The instructions say it helps with pain if the hair is closer to 1/8". I may have noticed a slight difference, but not much. I also used the unit on my underarms, arms and face. I was pleased with how well the unit grabs the hairs and successfully removes the hair from the root. The battery also lasted a long time. Overall I am pleased with the results and the product. I would have given this epilator 5 stars except for the fact that they referred to it as "effortless, comfortable epilation." That is very misleading.
Date published: 2017-01-23
Rated 5 out of
Compact but Efficient
I received this product, the Advanced Wet & Dry Epilator from Phillips in exchange for a truthful and honest review. I used it over the last 3 weeks, making sure that I switched out the accessories (heads) that come with it so I could get the full experience. I have had product similar to this in the past, made by the same manufacturer, so it was also helpful to me to compare how much better the evolution of this model has come.
Let me first start off by saying that I really liked the shape of the product. It`s curved to fit your hand easily and doesn`t feel like it would slip. It`s a slimmer and sleeker size, which makes it easier to navigate through those hard to reach areas (especially the private region). The built in light on one of the attachments is particularly useful when in the shower, as your lighting may be limited if there is no window bringing in external light. Overall, I found it to be extremely easy to use and painless to switch out the accessories. The button that is used to dislodge the heads requires one simple push. I used it both in a dry and wet setting and, given that I used it over my whole body, including my face, I would highly recommend it. The only thing that I would add to this review is that, when you are trying to shave in those hard-to-reach areas, you press down a little heavier than you would, say, if you were doing your legs. It works best when the hairs are grown out a little (my previous model was able to pull up tiny hairs, but was much rougher and more painful), and there is minimal pain involved. It`s also very quiet relative to others I have had.
One last note, I wasn't all that impressed with the small pouch they provide to house your unit and it`s accessories. The material seems a bit cheap and not big enough to support the product as well as the additional heads. Perhaps a case with compartments would be better, or something that has pockets within a small pouch.
Date published: 2017-01-22