Patient engagement tools and long-term care support programs, teamed with diagnostic and therapy options, improve identification and treatment of sleep disorders
Andover, MA - Philips Respironics, a division of Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI), will showcase its latest sleep-disordered breathing solutions June 1-4 at SLEEP 2014, the 28th Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies LLC (APSS).
Philips will present innovations that span the continuum of care, helping to diagnose, treat and manage sleep disorders. Physicians will have the opportunity to see new options in home sleep testing, CPAP masks, and programs that enhance patient engagement and long-term care.
“Evidence shows that motivated, educated patients embrace therapy and participate more fully in their own care,” says Teofilo Lee Chiong, M.D., Chief Medical Liaison, Philips Healthcare. “Philips is creating an ecosystem of medical devices and services, using smart technology, to empower patients and advance the effectiveness of sleep therapy.”
At SLEEP 2014 in Minneapolis, MN, Philips will spotlight the following products and services that are part of the industry’s broadest portfolio of insight-driven solutions.
Easy and reliable sleep testing in the home
The Alice NightOne home sleep testing system, which Philips will preview at SLEEP 2014, is making home sleep testing (HST) easy for patients and sleep professionals.
- Intuitive design and a “smart guide” enable patients to set up the device on their own with confidence.
- “Good Study Indicator” visually displays the amount of quality data in 25 percent increments, allowing the clinician to decide if the patient needs to repeat the study before returning the device.
- Provides reliable data to differentiate between obstructive, central and positional sleep apnea.
Professional sleep and activity monitoring solutions
The Actiwatch Spectrum Plus and Actiwatch Spectrum PRO data collection devices provide accurate and objective activity, sleep, wake and light-exposure data.
- Collects data on a variety of sleep parameters, 24/7, with advanced sensing capabilities.
- Wristwatch functionality offers convenience for the wearer.
- Actiwatch Spectrum PRO includes subjective scoring capabilities and audible and vibrational alarms.
Mask options as unique as each patient
Comfort is key to obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) patients using PAP therapy, and Philips’ mask options account for their unique facial structures and breathing preferences. For the first time at the SLEEP conference, Philips’ entire new mask lineup will be available for attendees to see and experience.
- Nuance and Nuance Pro, rated by patients as easier to assemble and use than the leading pillows mask.
- Amara silicone and gel masks, both smaller and lighter than the current leading full face mask, with 60% fewer parts.
- Wisp, which combines the performance and comfort of a nasal mask with the aesthetics of a pillows mask.
Patient engagement and long-term care support
The SleepMapper mobile and web-based self-management application is enabling patients to take a more active role in their therapy by providing vital support to those with OSA. The results of a study to be released at SLEEP 2014 show that patients using SleepMapper achieved a PAP therapy adherence rate that was 22% higher than non-users.
- Works with EncoreAnywhere and most System One devices to provide a complete therapy and compliance solution.
- Offers clinicians and homecare providers multiple ways to connect to their patients, ensuring needed therapy support, efficient resupply, and ultimately, enhanced PAP adherence.
Bluetooth connectivity to assist patients and their care team
Philips will preview the System One sleep therapy device with integrated Bluetooth technology.
- Combined with the EncoreAnywhere data management system, integrated Bluetooth technology provides OSA patients with a simple way to retrieve their PAP data through the SleepMapper self-management solution.
- Offers homecare providers a cost-effective option for retrieving compliance information.
Visit booth #600 to see Philips Respironics’ latest diagnostic, therapy, and compliance solutions. To learn how Philips is improving the quality of healthcare through innovative solutions, inspired by human insights, visit www.philips.com/healthcare and follow the #SLEEP2014 conversation @PhilipsResp.