- Philips demos connected digital health technologies and its commitment to make the world healthier through innovation
- ‘Connect to Healthy’ experience will capture and monitor health and fitness data from attendees at SXSW®
Austin, Texas – As the official health technology sponsor for South By Southwest (SXSW®) Interactive in Austin, Texas from March 13 – March 17, Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG; AEX: PHIA) will engage attendees with demonstrations and presentations to show the potential of connected technologies to encourage prevention and healthy living, to speed diagnosis and treatment, and to enable better recovery and home care.
In an increasingly connected world of health apps and smart devices, consumers are becoming more active participants in managing their personal health and well-being. With its focus on health technologies, Philips is committed to improving the lives of people through innovations that make a difference.
“We’re paving the path to a healthier world by merging data, innovation and connectivity to create new technologies and programs that deliver great, actionable insights,” said Jeroen Tas, CEO, Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services, Philips. “We see SXSW Interactive as a prime opportunity to make connected digital health real for attendees, so they can see what the future of health looks like today.”
Healthcare technology continues to grow in importance and influence as new innovations like wearables make personal health more approachable for consumers and patients. The introduction of the MedTech Expo to this year’s SXSW® Interactive is further evidence of the industry’s commitment to creative and cutting-edge developments to support patient care, fueling exciting innovations at the intersection of consumer health and professional health care.
“With the addition of the new SX Health and MedTech Expo, 2015 is a big year for healthcare technology at SXSW. It’s also a big year because of the presence of Philips,” said Hugh Forrest, Director, SXSW Interactive Festival. “We're excited about all the innovative work that Philips is doing in this space, and their presence at this year’s event is a significant endorsement of the validity of the SXSW push into this vertical.”
Driving Discussion on Connectivity
Philips executives will lead discussions on the future of connectivity during the show, including:
• Home Smart Home: The Future Conscious Home – On Tuesday, March 17 at 12:30 p.m. CST, Liat Ben-Zur, SVP Digital Technology and Connected Propositions at Philips, will participate in a panel discussion the future of the connected home. Ben-Zur will discuss the challenges and opportunities ahead as we prepare for tomorrow’s connected home.
• Connectivity: The NextGen Healthcare Doctrine – On Tuesday, March 17 at 12:45 p.m. CST, Jeroen Tas will deliver a keynote address on how new connected health technologies will empower patients and usher in a new world order for healthcare.
Connect to Healthy
Philips will also explore the concept of connected care through its Connect to Healthy experience, which will capture and monitor health and fitness data from 1,000 attendees at SXSW® Interactive through various wearable devices. Information will be presented in a customized dashboard to give attendees insight into daily changes in their health and how they compare to other SXSW Interactive attendees across Austin. To participate in the Connect to Healthy experience, attendees should visit the Philips Motivate Lounge in the Austin Convention Center to learn more and register.
Philips will also showcase ‘MediDash,’ the winning health data analytics prototype application from its recent HealthSuite Digital Platform Hackathon. Members of the Hackathon winning team, ‘Team 6 Analytics,’ will be recognized at a ceremony on Saturday, March 14 at 10:30 a.m. CST in the Philips Motivate Lounge at the Austin Convention Center. The winning team will also be present, along with Jeroen Tas, at the MedTech Expo on Monday, March 16 at 4:00 p.m. CST in the Philips Innovation Lounge at the JW Marriott.
Philips Onsite Presence
Throughout SXSW®, Philips will showcase its innovative technologies through demonstrations, events and conversations:
• At the Philips booth in the first-ever MedTech Expo at SXSW® Interactive on March 16 and March 17, Philips will demo its latest digitally-connected innovations for home care, disease management, pain relief and mobile imaging.
• On Saturday, March 14, from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. CST, SyFy and Philips are teaming up for the SyFy Philips Fusion Party. Immersive entertainment meets interactive lighting, with a live exclusive first look at SyFy’s upcoming drama, The Expanse.
• Reinforcing healthy living & prevention through good nutrition, Philips healthy food prep technology will be showcased at the Philips Health Shack from March 13 to March 17, from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. CST.