- First to market solution seamlessly connects clinical data and informatics for clinicians, caregivers and patients from the hospital into the home
- Powered by Philips HealthSuite digital platform, complete view of sleep and respiratory patient data now available in one place for easy information exchange
Amsterdam, Netherlands – Philips Respironics, a business of Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX:PHIA), today announced it received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Care Orchestrator, its cloud-based clinical management software application. Care Orchestrator is a first-of-its-kind connected health technology in the homecare space that connects the portfolio of sleep and respiratory care enabling data, clinical management workflow, informatics and intelligence for providers, payers and patients within a single platform. Care Orchestrator is built as part of Philips’ HealthSuite digital platform, an open cloud-based platform of services, capabilities and tools that allows for the creation of the next generation of connected health and wellness innovations.
“With Care Orchestrator, we are offering the next generation in healthcare software applications and informatics, and are expanding our strong legacy of solutions and vision for connected patient care,” said Tim Murphy, General Manager of New Business Solutions, Philips Respironics. “The future of sleep and respiratory home care is enabled by health tech solutions that help our customers manage growing requirements with intelligent, clinical interventions that connect all members of the care team to deliver effective patient outcomes.”
Building on the success of Philips Respironics’ Encore Anywhere, the world’s most widely-used patient compliance management system that has supported over 7 million patients, Care Orchestrator will interact with Philips’ sleep and respiratory devices, electronic medical records (EMRs), insurance claims and billing systems and other Philips and third party applications on the HealthSuite digital platform. The Care Orchestrator application offers a full view of sleep and respiratory care patients and makes it easier for providers to share and exchange information, addressing some of the most critical needs for homecare providers, clinicians and patients, including:
- Treatment adherence: The complete and robust data provided by Care Orchestrator enables providers and their care networks to efficiently communicate important information about their patients. This helps to create an adaptable treatment decision process and support better clinical outcomes.
- Patient and provider engagement: Care Orchestrator alerts providers when treatment intervention is necessary, allowing them to focus resources on patients who most need their attention. For patients, Care Orchestrator builds on existing solutions, such as DreamMapper, to help patients become more engaged in their treatment.
- Billing and Reimbursement: With Care Orchestrator, homecare providers, health systems payers and physicians gain the benefit of a set of integrated data technologies that enable them to efficiently share information with their networks.
“Health care systems continue to seek solutions that provide a more complete view into a patient’s health in a way that makes their jobs simpler while improving outcomes for patients,” said Jeroen Tas, CEO, Connected Care and Health Informatics, Philips. “Care Orchestrator provides a fluid process for managing treatment plans and for engaging patients in their own therapy. By adding Care Orchestrator to the Philips Health Suite digital platform, we’re building on our commitment to bring innovative technology solutions into different care settings, and to provide streamlined approaches for diagnosing and treating sleep and respiratory conditions.”
The Philips HealthSuite digital platform enables connected health services by securely connecting smart devices, mobile apps and clinical data to help people make more confident health and lifestyle-related decisions. Philips’ HealthSuite digital platform applications, such as Care Orchestrator, provide patients and their care providers actionable and longitudinal insights through the combination of clinical and personal health data.
Philips will be showcasing Care Orchestrator at booth #930 at the upcoming Medtrade Spring Annual Meeting, on February 29th through March 2nd in Las Vegas. For more information on Philips’ advanced solutions for sleep and respiratory care, follow @PhilipsResp and the Philips Respironics Facebook.
Care Orchestrator will also be featured at the Philips booth (#3416) at the 2016 Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition. Visit www.philips.com/himss and follow @PhilipsLiveFrom for #HIMSS16 updates throughout the event.