Following the guidelines below will help to avoid a leak:
1) Always assemble the nipples under wet conditions.
- If the nipple is dry: wet the base with pre-boiled water before pulling the nipple through the screw ring, to ensure the skirt will slip easily into place inside the neck of the bottle and form a seal
2) Check that the top section has not been over-tightened, as this can distort or trap the anti-colic skirt, which will not allow the proper operation of the one-way valve.
3) Ensure formula powder is not present on the inside top fraction of the bottle.
- Remove any debris or residue that may collect around the rim of the bottle base before assembly