With the Philips ear thermometer you can easily measure your or your baby's body temperature. Find out how to make sure your readings are accurate.
Make sure the measurement conditions for the thermometer are correct:
- The thermometer is at the same temperature as the room where you are measuring. If not, allow the thermometer 30 minutes to adapt to room temperature.
- The infrared sensor is clean. If not, clean it and wait 10 minutes.
- The ear canal is free of wax. If not, clean the ear and wait 5 to 10 minutes.
Wait 30 min when:
Also wait at least 30 minutes before taking the temperature:
- If the ear has been covered
- If the person measured has been exposed to very low or very high temperatures
- If the person measured has been swimming or bathing
- If the person measured wears earplugs or hearing aids - remove them first
Try another ear in case:
We advise you not to use the device if you are using ear drops or other ear medication. In this case, measure the temperature in the untreated ear (if possible).