For Windows98 SE/Windows98 Gold/ME/2000/XP users
- Always install the software first before hooking up the player to your PC. Do this by inserting the installation CD into the CD ROM drive. The installation menu will appear automatically.
- On the installation menu, select your preferred language and product. An application will run to check whether a driver has been previously installed on your computer. If not, the driver installation will start automatically.
- On the installation menu select INSTALL Musicmatch® 8.0 to start the installation of Musicmatch® Jukebox or INSTALL ONLY THE Musicmatch® PLUG IN if you already have Musicmatch® Jukebox installed on your computer. Click YES on the screen to restart your computer when prompted. The software or plug in is now installed.
- Hook up your PSA player to the computer via USB link using the supplied USB cable.
- An application will launch and the unit will be recognized as a USB Mass Storage Class device and listed as REMOVABLE DISK in Windows Explorer automatically. You may now launch Musicmatch® JUKEBOX and use the software to transfer your favorite music and enjoy it on your PSA player.
Tip: You may need to refresh Windows Explorer. Click on the View pull-down menu and select Refresh.
In some cases during the installation of a driver on Windows 98 SE, the Windows ADD NEW HARDWARE WIZARD may pop up. Please follow the instruction below to complete the installation.
- Click NEXT and follow the screen instructions to search for the best driver.
- Select the option SPECIFY A LOCATION and click on BROWSE to choose the path where you have installed the software. (The default location is c:\program files\nike\psa128max, psa256max or psa200)
- Press NEXT and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
If you are a Windows 98 user and have hooked up your PSA player to your PC without first having the driver installed, you may need to take the following steps to re-install the driver:
- Unplug the player from your PC.
- Insert the installation CD into the CD-ROM drive. The installation menu will appear automatically.
- Select your preferred language and your model number to install the driver.
- Click INSTALL Musicmatch® 8.0 to install the MUSICMATCH® JUKEBOX or INSTALL ONLY THE Musicmatch® PLUG IN if you already have Musicmatch® Jukebox on your computer.
- Restart the PC when prompted.
- Hook up the PSA player to your PC via USB link using the supplied USB cable.
- Go to My Computer > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager. Check to see if there is any entry of your device shown with a yellow exclamation mark “!” beside it.
- Select and right click the entry and click REMOVE to uninstall the improperly installed driver.
- The entry with the exclamation mark should disappear. Click the REFRESH button.
- The computer should check for new hardware. Click NEXT to continue.
- In the Add new hardware wizard, choose the option “Display a list of all drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want.” and then click NEXT.
- A list of devices is shown. Choose HARD DISK CONTROLERS and press NEXT.
- A list of manufacturers and their devices are shown. Choose HARD DISK.
- A dialog box prompts out and asks for the path of the manufacturer’s installation disk. Type in “c:\windows\inf\other” as the path and click NEXT.
- Highlight the USB Mass Storage Device under Models and then click NEXT.
- Click NEXT to continue and then click FINISH to complete the installation.
- Finally, the drivers are installed, and in Device Manager it should show the correctly installed USB Mass Storage Class drivers under HARD DISK CONTROLERS.
- Unplug the player from your PC.
- Launch Windows Explorer and check if your PSA player can be detected by the computer and listed as REMOVABLE DRIVE. If not, unplug the player from your PC and repeat steps 1 – 18.
- You may now download music onto the PSA player.
For Mac OS users
- Insert the PSA installation CD into your CD ROM drive. Always make sure that the software and plug in driver are installed and the Computer is powered up before connecting the player.
- On the installation menu, select your preferred language and product. An application will run automatically to check if you have a compatible OS. Click INSTALL THE ITUNES PLUG IN and start the installation of the plug in driver for iTunes automatically.
- Now hook up the PSA player with your computer and you may find an UNTITLED disk icon on the desktop, then you may now start the downloading of music onto the PSA player.