The music files that you have downloaded to the PSA player may be copy protected. The player will normally skip those files and playback the rest.
MP3 files downloaded from the Internet or ripped from CDs with ripping software other than Musicmatch® Jukebox, may have been created with a header or tag that contains a large amount of data, such as long song titles, artist name, album name, genre etc. As a result, the player may not be able to recognize these files as .mp3 files and therefore skip these files without playing.
If the .mp3 file is “Read Only” in properties, change the properties before you edit the target .mp3 file via Musicmatch® Jukebox. To solve this problem, open Musicmatch® Jukebox and edit the tag of the file concerned and download it again onto the player.
To edit tag in Musicmatch Jukebox:
- Start the Musicmatch Jukebox program.
- In the MUSIC CENTER click Add Files, the Add Tracks to Music Library dialogue box appears.
- Browse for and locate the “skipped” song, click Add and then Exit.
- In the My Library window, right click on the song file.
- Select Edit Track Tag(s) > OK to save the song as a Musicmatch® Jukebox .mp3 file.
- Drag the song file onto the NIKE PSA icon under Attached to download the song to the player.