1) Check for Java Runtime Enviroment (JRE).
- Press startat the left bottom of the screen of the computer.
- Select Run.
- Input cmd, then press Enteron the keyboard.
- Input jview, then press Enter on the keyboard.
If you see jview is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. that means JRE is not installed. You need to install JRE.
2) JRE is installed.
- locate the folder of the DMM ( right mouse click on the DMM.exe file, choose Properties and then click “Find Target”. The correct folder opens now)
- Note: default dir: c:/program files/Philips/DMM/DMM/Bin/Windows/DMM.jar
- Locate the file /Philips/DMM/DMM/Bin/Windows/DMM.jar
- Double click the file DMM.jar to start the DMM
3) JRE installed but DMM.jar does not start.
4) check the java with http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4e38f4f9-ce7e-4271-8836-a7d7293a992f&DisplayLang=en
Update java by windows update or in case of Sun Microsystems Java Runtime, see http://www.java.com
How to install JRE
Note: Following a recent settlement Microsoft are now able to issue security updates for their Java VM until Dec 31, 2007. Originally support was due to end in September 2004.
To download the latest version of Sun Microsystems Java Runtime
For more information from Microsoft on the Java situation http://www.microsoft.com/java/xp.htm
If you see: Microsoft ® Command-line Loader for Java Version 5.00.3810 Copyright © Microsoft Corp 1996-2000. All rights reserved. That means JRE is installed.