Before updating, make sure that the DiamondClean Smart is charged for at least 15 minutes to ensure a successful installation.
Instructions on how to automatically update firmware
- Update (or download) the latest version of the Philips Sonicare app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the Sonicare app
- Connect your Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart toothbrush to the Sonicare app
- A notification will tell you that a new firmware update is available
- Follow the in-app instructions to update to the newest firmware (1.13.1)
If consumers are not seeing a notification, follow the manual instructions.
Instructions on how to manually update firmware
1) Open the Sonicare app
2) Select the hamburger menu in the top left corner
3) Tap on 'My products'
4) Select 'Philips DiamondClean Smart Connected'
5) Tap on 'My handle'
6) Tap on 'Handle update'
7) Tap the red info icon next to 'handle update'
8) Finally, tap on the update button to update your handle
See image below for more details on step 2 and 7.