Red berry Pavlova
A Pavlova is large meringue and named after the Russian ballerina, Anna Pavlova. It is often decorated with fresh fruit, but combinations of chocolate, pear and caramel are also very nice.
- 1 lemon, washed
- 5 eggs, separated
- 100 g super-fine sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, sieved
- 50 g strawberries
- 50 g raspberries
- 50 g black grapes
- 25 g blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon powdered sugar
- 200 ml whipped cream
- Red food coloring
- Heat the Airfryer to 160 degrees. Grate the zest of the lemon - only the skin, the pith is very bitter - and squeeze the fruit.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff in a dry, clean bowl. Gradually add the super-fine sugar, corn starch, lemon juice and coloring. The egg whites are ready when they become shiny and form peaks.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to size and place on the grill pan accessory. Smooth the paper with the mixture to create a lovely pattern. Place the pan in the Airfryer, set the temperature to 100 degrees and bake for 45 minutes. We preheat the Airfryer at a higher temperature so that it is nice and hot when the meringue goes in, stopping it from running.
- Switch off the Airfryer after the cooking time, but leave it shut. Leave the meringue in the warm Airfryer for 60 minutes. Then remove from the Airfryer and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the fruit, keeping a little behind for garnish, and whip the cream until stiff. Once the meringue has cooled, carefully cut it horizontally through the center. Pipe or spread the whipped cream on the bottom layer and fill with the fruit. Place the other half on top and garnish with the rest of the fruit.
- So nice that it's almost a shame to eat. A lovely festive dessert!