Chicken Caesar Salad
A classic Caesar salad with thick, homemade dressing and crispy croutons for a delicious meal or a starter on pasta night. Start grilling the chicken in minutes with the indoor smokeless grill.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1 piece of baguette or ciabatta
- 1 cos (romaine) lettuce
- 1 small radicchio lettuce
- 1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 30 g / 1 oz freshly grated Parmesan
- Some freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1. Zest and squeeze the lemon. Mix together the lemon zest and juice with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts on a flat dish, and sprinkle the mixture over them. Leave them to marinate for 10 minutes, turning them over frequently. Meanwhile, cut the bread into slices and brush lightly with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 2. Grill the chicken breasts for 20 minutes, turning them regularly. Pull apart the lettuce leaves, wash and dry them, then tear them into smaller pieces. Whisk together the remaining olive oil with the vinegar, mustard and some salt and pepper to form a medium-thick dressing.
- 3. 5 minutes before the chicken breasts are ready, place the bread slices on the grill, turning regularly to toast them evenly.
- 4. Cut the grilled chicken into thick slices and the toasted bread into smaller cubes. Arrange the lettuce on a plate, add the chicken slices and sprinkle with the dressing, grated Parmesan and the bread croutons.
Chef’s tip: Cook boiled egg and arrange a few slices around the plate