This simple chicken recipe is also one of the tastiest!
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of fenugreek
- 2 sliced chillies
- Handful of curry leaves
- Small knob of ginger diced and crushed
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds grounded
- 200 grams of tinned tomatoes
- 200 millilitre coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- Preheat the HomeCooker for 3 minutes at 175°C.
- Add the oil, mustard and fenugreek seeds, chillies and curry leaves fry for 3 minutes at 175°C.
- Add the chopped onions and ginger and cook for a further 5 minutes at 130°C until they have softened.
- Remove the stirrer, add the tomatoes and use a hand blender to get rid of any lumpy bits.
- Place the stirrer back in, add the chilli powder, turmeric and coriander to the pan, followed by the coconut milk. Add a little water and set the timer to 5 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes at 110°C. Then add the spinach and stir in until wilted.
Chef’s tip: You should always try to use authentic spices rather than a ready-made paste or powder. It’s easy to find chicken curry ingredients in Asian grocery stores or large general stores.Feel free to experiment with different blends. It is one of the most experimented spice combinations in history, and it is a good idea to become familiar with spices so you can make your own tasty recipes. Also, if you run out of a spice, you will know which other spice is similar in aroma and flavor.