Honey and lemon roasted chicken
Delicious honey and lemon chicken made with the Philips hand blender. Prepare all your favorite recipes at the touch of a button
Servings 3-4, Preparation time 60 min., Cooking time: 90 min.
- 1 chicken 3.3 lb (approx. 1.5 kg)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 sweet apple
- 2 apricots
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- Freshly ground Himalayan salt, pepper to taste
- 7 oz (200 g) honey
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C).
- 2. Cut the vegetables for stuffing into pieces small enough to be placed into the MultiChopper basket.
- 3. Using the XL Chopper with MultiChopper accessory, chop each of the stuffing ingredients into small pieces. Transfer into a bowl and combine with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Just prior to roasting, lightly fill the chicken cavity with stuffing, do not pack too tightly. Any leftover stuffing can be baked in a 330° F (170° C) oven in a lightly greased casserole dish for 30 min.
- 5. Place the chicken in the preheated oven and roast for 10 min.
- 6. In a pan, warm the honey with lemon juice over low/medium heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 7. Reduce oven temp to 350° F (175° C). Brush chicken with the honey lemon marinade and return to oven to roast an additional 90 minutes (or 20 minutes per pound.)
- 8. Every 30 minutes, brush the chicken with the honey marinade until all of the marinade has been used.
- 9. The chicken should be cooked through after approx. 90 minutes.
- 10. Garnish with finely chopped parsley
- Chef’s tip: The core temperature of the chicken should be 170° F (77° C) in the breast meat, 185° F (85° C) in the thigh meat if you are using a meat thermometer. A stuffed chicken may take longer to cook. If you do not have a thermometer, the chicken is cooked when the juices from the chicken run clear without any traces of pink.