Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks
Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks are made with string cheese coated in a crispy, flavorful coating of Parmesan and almond flour and fried to ooey, gooey, cheesy perfection in a Philips AirFryer! Recipe from blog, Homemade Interest.
- 12 Mozzarella sticks string cheese, cut in half
- 2 large Eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese the powdered kind
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1. In a bowl combine almond flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt.
- 2. In a separate bowl whisk eggs.
- 3. One at a time coat your mozzarella stick halves in egg and then toss in the coating mixture. As you finish place them in a resealable container. If you have to make more than 1 layer place parchment paper between the layers of mozzarella sticks.
- 4. Freeze mozzarella sticks for 30 minutes.
- 5. Remove from freezer and place in Philips AirFryer.
- 6. Set to 400 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7. Open air fryer and let stand for 1 minute before moving low carb mozzarella sticks to a plate.
- • Once you have coated the mozzarella sticks place them in a resealable container and place them in the freeze for 30 minutes. This helps keep them from bursting as they fry.
- • The Philips AirFryer retains some of its heat for awhile so if you are making multiple batches you’ll want to lower the time a little as you go on. We started at 5 minutes for our first batch and then went down to 4 minutes after that.
- • Let the low carb mozzarella sticks cool for about a minute in the air fryer basket before removing them. This will help them keep their shape.