Savory Oatmeal with Baked Eggs
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 1.5 cups Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
- 4 cups broth of choice
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- (Plus, more salt and pepper to taste)
- 1. Set Philips Multi Cooker to "Brown/Sauté” for 10 minutes and allow the cooker to preheat until the display shows 6 minutes remaining.
- 2. Add a bit of olive oil to the hot bowl of the cooker.
- 3. Add diced green onions and minced garlic to the bowl and sauté until fragrant (about 2-3 minutes); then, add steel cut oats, salt and pepper. Mix to fully incorporate.
- 4. Add broth, then close lid and set Philips Multi-Cooker to “Oatmeal” setting for 15 minutes.
- 5. When oatmeal cycle is finished, open the cooker, stir the oatmeal, then gently add four eggs to the top of the oatmeal. (NOTE: the oatmeal should not be too thick. If it is, add 1/2 - 3/4 cups of additional broth before adding the eggs.)
- 6. Close the cooker, set the time to “Oatmeal” for another 5 minutes.
- 7. When cycle has finished, allow cooker to remain closed for at least 2 minutes so the eggs can fully set. Then, open the cooker and gently scoop a baked egg out with a serving of oatmeal. (NOTE: If you prefer eggs cooked to a harder consistency, simply re-close the cooker and allow the warmth of the dish to continue cooking the eggs until they meet your preference. No need to add additional cooking time.)
- OPTIONAL: Serve with a drizzle of soy sauce, fresh arugula, additional green onions. Tomatoes, avocado, fresh grated parmesan, and bacon bits are also wonderful.