Spicy Vegan Farro Chili
- 1 quart of vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 squash, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup of corn (either fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill kidney beans (par cooked and drained*)
- 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill Farro
- 1 can of diced (or stewed) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 2 TBSP cumin
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP salt
- 1 TBSP pepper
- 1. Set Philips Multi Cooker to "Brown/Sauté” for 20 minutes and allow the cooker to preheat until the display shows 12 minutes remaining.
- 2. Add a bit of olive oil to the hot bowl of the cooker.
- 3. Add diced onions and minced garlic to the bowl and sauté until fragrant (about 2-3 minutes); then, add the corn, chopped zucchini, chopped squash, and then all the dry spices. Stir to fully coat the sauté with the spices.
- 4. Stir to fully incorporate all the ingredients, then close lid and set Philips Multi-Cooker to “Soup/Stew” for 25 minutes. Remove lemongrass stalks before serving.
- 5. Add the Bob’s Red Mill par cooked kidney beans, the Bob’s Red Mill farro, the broth, the canned tomatoes and the tomato paste. Stir to fully incorporate all the ingredients and blend in the tomato paste, then close lid and set Philips Multi-Cooker to “Soup/Stew” for 50 minutes.
- 6. Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
- *TO PAR COOK DRY BEANS: Add 1 cup of beans and 2 cups of water to a sauce pot. Bring the beans to a rapid boil for 15 minutes; then, turn off heat, cover the pot, and allow beans to sit for 45 minutes to an hour in the hot water. Drain.