Tiger Shrimp & Glass Noodle Salad
A light, fresh shrimp and noodle salad, perfect for a summer day. Shrimp made with the Philips XL Avance Airfryer for perfectly even, delicious results.
Preheat – 10 minutes, Cooking time – 8 minutes
- 12 ea Tiger Shrimp, butterflied, tail on
- ¼ c Extra virgin Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Espelette Spice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- Zest of one lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Peanuts, toasted and chopped for Garnish
- Handful Basil, Fried for Garnish
- For the Salad
- 16 oz Glass Noodles, cooked and chilled
- 1 ea Medium size English cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on the bias
- 4 ea Baby yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 4 ea Baby red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 ea Carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 ea Scallions, bias cut
- 2 Cups Green Papaya, Peeled, de-seeded and Julienned
- ½ c Mint leaves
- ½ c Cilantro leaves
- Micro Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil leaves julienned
- For the Dressing
- 4 ea Juice of Lemon
- 1 c Soy Sauce
- 4 oz Ginger, peeled, microplaned
- 1 bunch Scallions, sliced
- 4 oz Honey
- 2 c Grapeseed Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sweet chili Sauce
- 1. Preheat Air Fryer at 390 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 2. Mix the espellete and olive oil, brush over shrimp zest the lemon and lime over the shrimp and season with salt and pepper
- 3. Place 6 shrimp in bottom of the basket, butterflied side down. Cook for 4 minutes. Cool down on a sheet tray.
- 4. Repeat cooking steps for remaining shrimp.
- 5. While the shrimp is cooking, in a medium size bowl, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, scallion and sweet Chili Sauce. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
- 2. Turn on blender to high speed and slowly add in oil. Blend until a puree consistency. Season to taste. Adjust acidity and seasoning as needed.
- To assemble
- 1. In a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients in bowl, except for shrimp and micro cilantro. Dress with vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 2. Divide salad onto four plates. Place 3 shrimp around salad on each plate. Garnish with micro cilantro, fresh basil and chopped peanuts.