Homemade mayonnaise with roasted garlic
Easy and versatile
- 100 ml olive oil
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ tablespoon white wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Put the cloves of garlic (with skin) in the oil and leave to soften over a very low flame for 15 minutes, making sure the garlic doesn’t burn. Leave to cool in the oil. Place the emulsifying disk in the food processor.
- Squeeze the garlic between thumb and index finger into the bowl (discard the skin). Add the egg yolk, mustard, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Mix for 15 seconds. Leave the motor running and add the garlic oil in a trickle through the feeding tube. Stop every now and then to give the yolk a chance to incorporate the oil. When all of the garlic oil has been added, you can add the sunflower oil a little faster. Continue until you get a thick, creamy mayonnaise. Season to taste.
- 20 minutes total preparation time