Airfryer XXL Sweet Gingery Tofu “Bacon”
Meatless Mondays just got a whole lot easier with this sweet gingery tofu “bacon.” Crispy, tasty and vegetarian friendly!
30 mins (includes 20 min marinate time),
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds
- 1. Wrap the brick of tofu in a kitchen towel and thoroughly dry.
- 2. Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch slices.
- 3. Place the remaining ingredients in a large flat dish and whisk to combine. Coat the tofu in the mixture and allow to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes or overnight covered in the refrigerator.
- 4. Place tofu in the Airfryer basket and cook at 350°F for 12 minutes. Serve and enjoy!