Artichokes with salsa verde
- 4 large artichokes
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped up
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 50 g mixed green herbs (for example: parsley, mint, dill and chives)
- 100 ml olive oil
- Cut off artichoke leaves and stem ends so that the artichokes sit upright. Rub the edges with half a lemon and slice the other half.
- Lay a lemon slice on each artichoke and place them in steaming tier 1. Set the timer for 35 minutes and cook the artichokes.
- Prepare sauce by coarsely mixing the garlic, capers, anchovy, mustard and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice using the hand blender or food processor. Add olive oil last. Serve the artichokes topped with the salsa verde.
- Total preparation time approximately 50 minutes