Enjoy this spin on the traditional BLT sandwich with these sliders. The delicious flavors of roasted tomatoes and bacon are sure to make these sliders a family favorite when made in the Philips Airfryer XXL.
- 2 green tomatoes (3 if they are smaller)
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of Panko crumbs
- 1 cup of yellow cornmeal
- 4oz of shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of bacon sriracha sauce
- 8 slices of bacon cut in half
- Bag of crusty rolls sliced in half
- 1. Cut tomatoes into ¼ inch slices. Pat dry with paper towels and season well with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place flour in a shallow dish or paper plate.
- 3. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl
- 4. Combine Panko crumbs and cornmeal on a plate.
- 5. Set the Philips Airfryer XXL to 400 degrees
- 6. Coat the tomato slices in flour, dip in the egg mixture, and then press cornmeal crumb mixture to both sides.
- 7. Depending on the size of each slice place 6-9 tomato slices in basket. If you have the double rack accessory that is sold separately, use that to double the amount of slices you can cook in the Airfryer XXL. Set timer for 8 minutes.
- 8. Check tomatoes for a golden crispy crust, if not set timer for another 2 minutes.
- 9. Pull tomatoes out of air fryer and place rolls in on 250 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until crisp
- 10. Mix together greek yogurt and sriracha and place a spoonful on bottom of each roll. Add air-fried green tomato, add shredded lettuce and place remaining half of roll on top.