Mushroom Croquettes | Philips
Enjoy these dynamic, comforting bite-sized croquettes, crispy on the outside and flavorful on the inside.
- 1/4 onion
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1½ heaped tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Finely chop the onion and the mushrooms. Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion and mushrooms. Add the flour and stir well. Warm up the milk and add it, little by little, to the mushroom mixture in the saucepan. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and nutmeg to taste. Leave to cool and set for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- For the breadcrumb coating, mix the oil and the breadcrumbs together. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes loose and crumbly again.
- Roll 1 tbsp of filling in the breadcrumbs until it is completely coated and place it in the Airfryer basket. Repeat until all the filling is used up.
- Preheat the Airfryer to 395°F.
- Slide the basket into the Airfryer. Set the timer for 8 minutes and fry the croquettes until the timer rings and they are crispy and brown.
- Tip: Switch out the mushrooms and add 1/2 cup cooked ground beef.