Pumpkin and chorizo soup
Hearty pumpkin soup made with the Philips hand blender. Prepare all your favorite recipes at the touch of a button.
Servings 4, Preparation time 30 min., Cooking time: 20 min.
- 1/4 lb (113 g) chorizo
- 15 oz (450 g) pumpkin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 c (100 g) chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds removed
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Heavy cream to garnish
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- 1. Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds, set aside. Cut the pumpkin, carrot, onion and bell pepper into 2 x 2 cm (3/4 x 3/4 in) pieces.
- 2. Crush the garlic.
- 3. Place the pumpkin, carrot, garlic, onion, bell pepper and bouillon cube in a large soup pan and add cold water to cover.
- 4. Simmer until cooked through to fork tender. Puree vegetables until smooth.
- 5. Chop the chorizo into cubes and sauté until cooked through.
- 6. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan.
- 7. Add chorizo to the vegetable puree and season to taste.
- 8. Pour into soup bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seed, fresh parsley and a drop of heavy cream.