Ricotta Balls with Basil | Philips
Make this easy Ricotta Balls appetizer with your Philips Airfryer!
Servings 20 persons, Preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking time: 16 minutes
- 8 oz. ricotta
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, separated
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 3 slices of stale white bread
- Mix the ricotta in a bowl with the flour, egg yolk, 1 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir the basil, chives and orange peel through the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and shape them into balls with wet hands. Let the balls rest for a while.
- Grind the bread slices into fine breadcrumbs with the food processor and mix with the olive oil. Pour the mixture into a deep dish. Briefly beat the egg white in another deep dish.
- Preheat the Airfryer to 395°F.
- Carefully coat the ricotta balls in the egg white and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Put 10 balls in the basket and slide the basket into the Airfryer. Set the timer to 8 minutes. Bake the balls until golden brown. Bake the rest of the balls in the same way.
- Serve the ricotta balls in a platter.