Coffee powders could end up under or around the brew group if the brew group and its parts are not well greased. Follow the steps on which brew group parts need to be greased:
- Switch OFF your espresso machine and wait until it is completely off and does not make any more noises (this takes about 15-20 seconds)
- Remove the brew group from the machine and rinse it under a fresh and lukewarm water. Let it air dry
- Apply a thin layer of grease on the piston of the brew group
- Apply a thin layer of grease around the shaft located on the bottom of the brew group
- Apply a thin layer of grease to the rails on both sides.
Note: To lubricate the brew group, use Philips/Saeco’s grease HD5061. You can purchase them from our online store here.