Beef Roast with Horseradish Marinade
Get juicy rotisserie beef roast from home any day of the week, rain or shine, with the Philips Smoke-less Indoor Grill Rotisserie Attachment. Add homemade horseradish marinade for a flavorful pairing with the Philips Multi Chopper.
- 4-5 pounds beef roast (eye round)
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 3 cups white wine
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (coarse ground)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon sage (dried)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of finely minced horseradish
- 1. Place beef roast and onions in a large resealable bag.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the wine, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme leaves, and sage as a marinade.
- 3. Pour the marinade mixture over top of the beef roast and seal the bag. Refrigerate the roast for up to one day.
- 4. Preheat the grill to high heat. Remove the roast from the marinade, pat it dry then rub the horse radish all over the roast.
- 5. Place the roast on the rotisserie spit, making sure to get it as balanced as you can. Secure it tightly and place it on grill over a high heat.
- 6. Roast for about 50 min on high, or until the roast is 120°F, let it rest for 10 min then remove
- 7. Pour 2 cups of the marinade into a saucepan. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often. Remove it from the heat and add the butter. Baste the roast with the basting mixture every 20 minutes during the cooking time.
- 8. Remove the roast to a platter and slice thin against the grain. Serve the roast beef with your favorite traditional sides, such as baked or mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables.