Pear Glazed Ham
Create the perfect glazed rotisserie ham for a special event or holiday, rain or shine, with the Philips Smoke-less Indoor Grill Rotisserie Attachment.
- 1 mini boneless ham 2-3 lbs
- 3 fresh ripe pears, halved and cored
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1. In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine pears, dark brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, pepper and all spice. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- 2. Remove the pears from the sauce, the sauce should resemble a warm syrup.
- 3. Skewer the ham and place on the rotisserie cook on high for 1 hour or until it reaches 155°F.
- 4. Slowly basting the ham with the pear mixture as the ham cooks on the rotisserie baste every 15 minutes.
- 5. Let ham rest for 15 minutes, then serve.
- Chef’s tip: For bigger parties, multiply this recipe by two.