1. Mahler D. Risks After Hospital Discharge for COPD flare-up. http://www.donaldmahler.com/risks-after-hospital-discharge-for-copd-flare-up/. Accessed August 30, 2018.
2. CMS.gov Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Value-Based-Programs/HRRP/Hospital-Readmission-Reduction-Program.html#main_content. Accessed August 30, 2018.
3. Blaha, Daniel, MSN; Vandenhouten, Christine, PhD, APHN-BC; Ramirez, Jolene, MS, MSN, RNC-OB, NE-C; Pomasl, Julie, MSN; Skarda, Hope, BSN, RN. Nursing Management.https://journals.lww.com/nursingmanagement/Fulltext/2018/01000/Post_hospitalization_management_of_patients_with.6.aspx. Accessed on August 30, 2018.
4. American Association of Respiratory Care. Advocacy/Federal Policies and the RT. http://www.aarc.org/advocacy/federal-policies-affecting-rts/discharge-planning/. Accessed August 30, 2018.
5. Association of Respiratory Care. COPD Case Management by RTs: Where We Are, and Where We Would Like to Be. http://www.aarc.org/careers/career-advice/professional-development/copd-case-management-rts-like/American. Accessed August 30, 2018.
6. Ingrid Charlotte Andersen, Thora Grothe Thomsen, Poul Bruun, Uffe Bødtger & Lise Hounsgaard (2017) The experience of being a participant in one’s own care at discharge and at home, following a severe acute exacerbation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a longitudinal study, International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being, 12:1,
7. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17482631.2017.1371994. Accessed August 29, 2018.
8. Willard KS, Sullivan JB, Thomashow BM, et al. The 2nd National COPD Readmissions Summit and beyond: from theory to implementation. Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2016; 3(4): 778-790. https://journal.copdfoundation.org/jcopdf/id/1128/The-2nd-National-COPD-Readmissions-Summit-and-Beyond-From-Theory-to-Implementation. Accessed on August 29, 2018.