If you are reading this, chances are you are currently serving or have supported our country’s freedom in the most challenging of times. We want to first take the opportunity to thank you for your service and congratulate you on the next step of your journey - transitioning back to civilian life and a career.
Throughout your military tenure, you’ve probably acquired many values that are attractive to today’s leading employers such as loyalty, leadership, and the ability to compete under pressure. However, you’ve likely also developed a value that is particularly meaningful to Philips- a deep passion for helping others. We’re uniquely positioned, with the breadth of our organization, our mission and our portfolio of life-changing innovations, to support your continued pursuits of that passion in ways that have a positive impact on health & well-being globally.
Supporting our Vets at Philips
Joining Philips means joining an environment inspired by supportive teams, meaningful work and benefits to support your optimal health & well-being. Here are just a few examples of how we acknowledge and support our valued military employee population.
- In addition to receiving time off for leave, reinstatement and other employment rights in accordance with federal and state laws, we additionally provide differential pay and continuation of benefits for certain periods.
- We’ve set up an internal ‘Meet Your Philips Veterans’; digital community to recognize and connect members of our employee base who have either served or are still actively serving in the United States Military.
- Both teams and individuals often coordinate donation drives to benefit Humanitarian Missions being led by current employees in active deployment periods. A recent drive yielded 3 truckloads of school and first aid supplies that were then donated to Islamic children in need by one of our deployed Product Support Representatives.
- We offer a robust Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to support the mental and physical aspects associated with military transition periods.
- Many veterans at Philips are energized to be contributing to a Philips product innovation that they previously used to save or improve lives during a military mission.
- We often invest in partnerships with military affiliated groups like Milicruit.