The SleepMapper mobile application (“App”) uses personal data collected or processed by Philips’
This Privacy Notice applies to personal data processed by the by the App which is controlled by or under control of Koninklijke Philips N.V. or any of its subsidiaries (”Philips”). This is a notice of our Privacy practices, this is not a contract or agreement.
Data collected and used
Account and Product data
The account data collected by the App includes your name, email
- The data collected is used to create and manage your App account. Your account will be used to uniquely identify you and provide information related to your use of your device(s) and your sleep data. We will use the device serial number and CTN product number to identify the type of device you use if you call our Customer Care service for product support and questions.
Data provided by you
You will create a user profile in the App, which will include you entering your gender, birth date (month/year), your average sleep time and your target sleep time. You can also decide whether you would like to receive promotional information and communications related to Philips products and services.
- The data collected is used to provide you with a view of your usage of the device(s) in order to assist
you withachieving your sleep goals. We collect your age to calculate your personalized sleep score. If you opt infor promotional information and communication you will receive updates about new product offerings and/or services from Philips.
Device and product data
If you use the SmartSleep
- The data collected is used to provide you with information related to your use of the device. The App will use this data to display whether you are achieving improved sleep over time by tracking and visualizing your sleep results.
Cookies and Data Analytics
The App makes use of
- The data collected is used to provide App functionality and identify areas for App improvement.
- This data collected is used to determine the usage trends of the App from a broad geographic area for instance.
The App may request permission(s) to access mobile connectivity (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) or data (e.g. date, time and time zone) on your mobile device.
- We use such data only when it is needed to provide you the App Service and only after you provided consent on your mobile platform. We use
time relateddata to present your sleep data in alignment with your mobile device.
Sometimes the operating system of your mobile device may require that you provide us with a permission to access specific functionality of your Device as a technical precondition for the functioning of the App or the underlying operating system. For
- This permission is a technical requirement for enabling the App to provide you with its functionality.
- We combine and use anonymized data to help us improve the content,
functionalityand usability of the App, device(s), our products and services and to develop new products and services.
- We may combine and use anonymized data collected from the device and App and share with other companies of the Philips Group and with trusted third parties.
- We may combine and use anonymized data to further scientific research related to sleep, for clinical or scientific publication purposes, such as peer-reviewed journals, white papers, or professional symposiums.
If you purchase additional Philips connected devices we may combine the data from the devices within the App to improve your sleep experience and App functionality only after we have obtained your consent to do so.
- If you agree to receive promotional communications, you can expect to receive emails from us about other Philips products, services,
eventsand offers. You can withdraw consent at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in anyemail.
Philips may use trusted third parties to provide services for the following:
- IT Providers
These providers deliver the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, transactional services and/or related technology required to run the sleep therapy device or the service provided. The App data is stored and used in Ireland.
- Cloud Providers
These providers deliver specific services for sending and receiving data between data centers/cloud repositories using secure electronic transfer methods.
- Other Service Providers
These providers deliver specific services for the device such as for App user messaging and user analytics. We use this data to help us improve the content,
Philips requires these service providers to provide a comparable level of protection of your personal data as Philips provides, to only process your personal for the specific purposes mentioned above, and to have access to the minimum amount of data they need to deliver a specific service.
If Philips allows a third party to transfer your personal data outside of your geographic region, we will take steps to protect your privacy rights through the use of contractual arrangements or other means, which will provide a comparable level of protection while the information is being processed by our third parties.
Philips will disclose personal data only under this privacy notice and/or when required by law.
Philips sometimes sells a business or a part of a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business, to the purchasing company.
Choices and rights
Please send an email to email@example.com to make use of your following choices and rights:
You may at any time request access to your personal data.
- Request correction
You may at any time request correction of your personal data.
You may at any time object to the processing of your personal data.
- Questions or complaints
You may at any time contact us if you have questions, complaints, concerns or suggestions.
- Withdrawal of consent
You can easily withdraw consent (for example opt-out for our marketing services, by using the ’unsubscribe’ button below each email we send you).
If available, you may request your personal data to be deleted at any time.
We protect your personal data
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the data you entrust to Philips from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. Philips uses a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to help protect your data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls, use encryption and use secure servers.
Special information for parents
While the device and App
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child who is under the age of 14 has provided us with his or her personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under the age of 14 has provided us with personal data, we will delete such data from our files.
Local specific information: Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The services that Philips provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this Privacy Notice from time to time.
We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new Privacy Notice will be effective upon posting, if you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stop using the App. By continuing to access or make
You can contact us