Philips today announced its initiative to quickly scale production of its new Philips Respironics E30 ventilator as a readily available ventilation alternative during the COVID-19 crisis in situations where full-featured, critical care ventilators are not available. Philips will begin production immediately, ramping up outputs on an ongoing basis with expectations of producing 15,000 units per week in April, 2020.
Designed for mass production by a team deeply experienced in respiratory care, the E30 ventilator features include:
- The ability to use the device both invasively and non-invasively;
- Quick set-up and simple operations, allowing healthcare providers with a wide range of skill sets to treat and monitor patients in clinical and field-hospital settings;
- The ability to accept high-flow oxygen;
- Recommended circuit set-ups contain a bacterial/viral filter to minimize exposure for healthcare providers when used invasively or noninvasively with example accessories that may be used, such as a full-face, non-vented (without integrated leak) mask, or helmet;
- On-screen respiratory monitoring to measure and display vital ventilation type parameters such as pressure, tidal volume, respiratory rate, leak, and oxygen saturation, enabling clinicians to evaluate therapy effectiveness;
- Visual and audible alarms to provide pertinent therapy information to healthcare providers.