Philips’ diverse technology portfolio includes introduction of iFR co-registration and HeartNavigator to help clinicians assess and treat cardiac patients more quickly and effectively
AMSTERDAM, the Netherlands and Washington, D.C. – Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG AEX: PHIA) today announced its latest image guidance solutions to be featured at Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) in Washington, D.C., October 29 – November 2, 2016. Philips will showcase the company’s continued commitment to addressing the needs of patients with the introduction of instant wave-Free Ratio (iFR) co-registration, which integrates iFR pullback data with the angiogram, and the third generation of HeartNavigator, live image guidance software for advanced structural heart disease procedures.
Philips Image Guided Therapy tools help clinicians decide, guide and confirm the right therapy for delivery of better care to help improve patient and economic outcomes. With iFR co-registration, clinicians can assess coronary artery blockages by using the Philips Volcano pressure measurement guidewires and equipment. There is no need for time-consuming pullback devices or guesswork.
Philips will also be introducing the third generation of its innovative HeartNavigator planning and guidance software that provides functionality to measure, select aortic valve repair device, and choose the X-ray viewing angle. With HeartNavigator, a 3D volume is rendered from previously acquired CT datasets and overlaid on live fluoro for real-time 3D guidance. The software provides an immersive user experience, giving physicians more confidence during challenging procedures, such as Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
In addition to Philips Image Guided Therapy tools, the Philips booth (#1938) at TCT will also feature key integrated cardiology solutions including ultrasound imaging and healthcare IT that demonstrate the company’s strategy across the health continuum, from healthy living and prevention to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips also will host several events and offer live demonstrations, including iFR co-registration, at the Interactive Technology Center to allow attendees to better understand the clinical benefits of its offerings.
“Image-guided therapy is key to effective cardiovascular care, and Philips is committed to offering innovative solutions that enable more personalized care and better treatment for patients,” said Bert van Meurs, Business Leader of Image Guided Therapy for Philips. “The introduction of iFR co-registration adds to our robust suite of integrated solutions and strategies for cardiology that help healthcare professionals determine appropriate therapeutic approaches and deliver treatment with more confidence.”
In addition to iFR co-registration and HeartNavigator, the Philips booth at TCT will highlight the company’s advanced image-guidance technologies, delivering diagnostic confidence and decision-making through every step of the cardiology patient journey, including:
- IntelliSpace Cardiovascular - designed to help streamline workflow and improve operational performance throughout the cardiovascular care continuum
- EchoNavigator - fuses live TEE echo and live X-ray imaging for guiding advanced SHD procedures in Cardiac Catheter and Hybrid labs
- EPIQ7 Ultrasound System for Cardiology - features level of clinical performance to meet the challenges of today’s most demanding cardiology practices
During TCT, Philips also will host several on-site events, including:
- Lunch Symposium: The future of physiology – Exploring iFR co-registration and ischemia-guided PCI (Monday, October 31, from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm ET, Presentation Theater 2)
- Interactive Technology Center: Demonstration of iFR and IVUS co-registration on SyncVision systems (Tuesday, November 1, from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm ET, Hall A)
- Dinner Symposium: Controversies in PCI optimization – A case-based discussion (Tuesday, November 1 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm ET, Independence Ballroom A-E)
For more information on Philips’ presence at TCT 2016, please visit the Philips TCT website, and follow the #TCT2016 conversation with @PhilipsLiveFrom throughout the event