“Everyone sleeps, but unfortunately sleep doesn’t come easily for everyone. There are a host of issues that impact sleep – from trouble falling asleep to snoring to chronic conditions like sleep apnea,” said Mark Michels, Business Leader, Healthy Sleep Solutions at Philips. “Using our nearly 40 years of deep clinical expertise in sleep technology, we continue to enhance the solutions available for people who experience common issues that negatively impact the quality of their sleep. Our suite of solutions aims to provide consumers with access to clinically backed innovations that will help them get a better night’s sleep to achieve more productive days ahead, while also increasing awareness to the importance of sleep health. All of this comes with the hope of positively impacting the consumer and clinical sleep industries alike.”
Philips SmartSleep suite of solutions is comprised of a mix of existing and new solutions, which aim to make better sleep accessible to everyone:
- SmartSleep Analyzer: The clinically validated SmartSleep Analyzer provides personalized analysis of users’ sleep based on a brief, online questionnaire and provides feedback immediately upon completion to identify sleep challenges and recommend sleep solutions personalized to the user. This unique online triage tool was developed in collaboration with sleep physicians, specialists and researchers to identify the most common sleep challenges, helping to support Philips strategy to amplify awareness around the role sleep plays in consumers’ health and wellbeing.
- SmartSleep Snoring Relief Band: This wearable device is is a clinically proven, personalized solution for positional snoring . Derived from clinical technology, a small, discreet positional monitor detects when the wearer begins to shift to their back and delivers adaptive vibrations that prompt them to sleep on their side – leading to quieter nights for positional snorers and their partners .
- SmartSleep Better Sleep Program: Rooted in the principals of cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I), the SmartSleep Better Sleep Program combines offline and app-based components to help users fall asleep faster or sleep more soundly . The program will include a sleep journal featuring guidance from Philips Global Lead for Behavior Change, Mark Aloia PhD, and one year of access to the Sleeprate mobile app. Guided by the journal and using the app, the user will complete an evaluation of their sleep habits and environment which will be used to create a customized and personalized program to help address sleep challenges.
- SmartSleep Deep Sleep Headband: Made available for purchase in the United States on Philips.com in the fall of 2018, the Deep Sleep Headband is the world’s first and only clinically proven wearable solution for consumers to improve deep sleep quality. This wearable is uniquely designed with two small sensors that detect periods of slow wave sleep and intervene with technology to boost it in real time.
- SmartSleep Connected Sleep and Wake-Up Light (Connected Somneo HF3670): Inspired by the sun, this bedside light and alarm clock helps users to wake up more naturally, and is clinically proven to improve general wellbeing after waking up. New features such as the SleepMapper mobile app and AmbiTrak environmental sensor provide users with a suite of connected, customizable features to help them relax to sleep, wake up naturally and feel well rested.
Further building on its commitment to improve sleep health, Philips is teaming with trusted, like-minded companies to offer sleep-focused education, pre-diagnostic information and insight, and easier access to Philips sleep solutions in the marketplace. Philips and Walgreens have engaged in a joint effort to help consumers identify the root causes of their sleep issues by integrating the SmartSleep Analyzer tool into the Walgreens Find Care™ platform, and connecting them with Philips sleep solutions available for sale on Walgreens.com. Philips has also collaborated with WebMD to reach more consumers about the importance of sleep to overall health via educational content driving to SmartSleep Analyzer and personalized sleep solutions on Philips.com.
The new SmartSleep solutions are now available for purchase on Philips.com, Walgreens.com and BestBuy.com. SmartSleep Deep Sleep Headband and Snore Relief Band will begin to roll out to BestBuy stores across the United States in 2019.
To learn more about the SmartSleep suite of solutions and how Philips continues to help improve lives through improved sleep, please visit: www.Philips.com/SmartSleep-news.
 The Global Pursuit of Better Sleep Health. Retrieved from https://www.philips.com/a-w/about/news/archive/standard/news/press/2019/20190307-in-recognition-of-world-sleep-day-philips-presents-its-annual-global-sleep-survey-results.html.
 This product is for position dependent back snorers where snoring ceases when sleeping on their side.
 Users who reported trouble falling asleep prior to the program.