Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Vienna, Austria – Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG; AEX: PHIA) today unveiled the Access CT, its newest computed tomography (CT) solution specifically designed for healthcare organizations seeking to establish or enhance CT imaging capabilities at an accessible cost for a high return in value. Philips Access CT provides consistent image quality across a diverse patient population and a wide range of exam types, enabling healthcare organizations to expand care capabilities to treat more patients.
As healthcare needs grow across the globe, many healthcare organizations are increasingly challenged to efficiently diagnose and treat a greater number of patients. Health providers looking to enhance their CT capabilities may be faced with challenges such as reimbursement cuts, patient populations with low ability to pay, or inefficiencies related to growth and expansion. For cost-conscious healthcare organizations, a value-focused CT solution such as the Philips Access CT offers the low total cost of ownership and diagnostic confidence needed to drive clinical, financial and operational efficiencies.
"Radiology is a crucial component in patient care and Philips’ newest, value-centered CT solution can offer quality imaging capabilities at an accessible cost to health providers who may not have access otherwise,” said Kees Wesdorp, Business Group Leader, Diagnostic Imaging, Philips. “It’s always important that an imaging solution provides the right answer, the first time, but especially so for healthcare organizations that rely on a scanner to cover a wide breadth of patient needs within a more limited budget. Access CT provides the right balance of performance and value to enable organizations with limited budgets to incorporate critical, high-quality imaging capabilities into their care offering.”
Philips Access CT provides a number of benefits for physicians and organizations to realize true value from their CT investment, including:
- Increased Referrals – The iFlow console workflow platform enables consistently high image quality through features that simplify and automate the technologist’s routine, helping providers to maintain and increase their referral base.
- Lowering Operating Costs – Philips’ iDose4 reduces the need for tube replacement—the most significant reoccurring cost associated with CT ownership—by offering a proven reconstruction algorithm that allows providers to reduce exposure time (mA) and extend tube life.
- Greater Clinical Breadth – Advanced applications on the console allow hospitals to stretch their clinical capabilities from routine imaging to more advanced applications such as brain perfusion, lung nodule analysis, vessel analysis and virtual colonoscopy (CTC), while keeping costs down.
- Dose Management – 70 kV scan mode can reduce dose by up to 20 percent, which is especially valuable in pediatric patients.
- Maximum Uptime - Philips’ 24/7 monitoring can predict issues before they arise, ensuring that providers can minimize downtime and maximize patient throughput.
With the availability of Access CT, providers have a cost-effective solution that can expand care capabilities to treat more patients. To find more information on Access CT and availability in specific countries, visit www.philips.com/AccessCT.
Follow @PhilipsLiveFrom for updates from the 2017 European Congress of Radiology, and visit www.philips.com/ecr for details on Philips’ presence at the event.