IMPORTANT: Before doing the installation, please make sure that your PC is running on Windows XP (home or Professional) SP1 (or above)
For users with Windows XP Home or Professional – you also need to upgrade to SP1 (or above) from the Microsoft support site.
For all legal licensees, upgrades of Windows of SP are free. Also to avoid possible conflict between applications, you are recommended to close all other windows applications, anti-virus software and deactivate the firewall (if any) before performing the installation of the music manager software
- Install the music software and the device manager by inserting the installation CD into the CD ROM drive. (If the CD does not autorun, please click the .exe from the root directory of the CD.)
- From the installer menu, select your preferred language; the welcome screen will pop up. Click NEXT to advance to the next pages until you reach the “install software” page and click NEXT to start the installation of the Philips Device Manager and Windows Media Player.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to complete the installation.
- As soon as the installation is completed, restart your computer and then hook up your GoGear to the computer via the supplied USB cable. Make sure you connect your GoGear micro jukebox to the main power supply.
- Once the device is connected you may see the device appear in the task bar or found the device as folder in Windows Explorer, now you may launch Windows Media Player and use the software to transfer music to your GoGear micro jukebox.