No sound from my Philips MP3 player
Published on 2017-02-28
You can try the following steps to resolve the issue with no sound from your Philips MP3 player:
- Your battery may have gone flat. Please charge your player using the USB cable provided.
- Check if your headphone plug has been inserted into the headphone jack of the unit completely
- When you press the Play/Stop button, make sure that it is pressed and held for long enough until the display light up
- Check if the volume is at an audible level. Increase the volume using the VOLUME + button.
- If your player is in pause mode, press the button to resume playback
If nothing works, recover your player as follows:
- Launch the Philips Device Manager at Start > Programs > Philips Digital Audio Player > Philips GoGear Device Manager on your PC
- Connect your player to the PC while press and hold the corresponding recovery key shown in the table below
- Device Manager should acknowledge your player and automatically goes into recovery mode
- Follow the instruction of the Device Manager
- After the player has been repaired, remove it from your PC and re-start
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.