How do I get picture and sound on my Philips TV when I connect my Laptop or Notebook with a HDMI connection?
When you switch on the Laptop/Notebook with the TV attached and switched on, the video image may appear on either the Laptop/Notebook display or the TV screen for the below connections.
1) HDMI to HDMI
Connect the HDMI connection of the laptop/notebook with a HDMI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connection of the TV.
2) DVI-I to HDMI, with an added audio connection.
Connect the DVI connection of the Laptop/Notebook with a DVI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connection of the TV. Alternatively, use a DVI-DVI cable and a DVI-HDMI adaptor.
Follow these steps to connect the devices:
1) Switch the Laptop/Notebook and the TV off.
2) Connect the Laptop/Notebook choosing one of the above connections.
3) Select the HDMI connection on the TV where the Laptop/Notebook is connected.
4) Switch the Laptop/Notebook on.
5) Depending on the graphical card, Laptop/Notebook operating system and configuration, the TV shows the Laptop/Notebook screen.
6) In some cases, you need to toggle the Laptop/Notebook to display the video image onto the TV screen. Note: Please refer to your Laptop/Notebook manual to determine which keys are used for the transfer function.
7) Example of the common function keys use by Laptop/Notebook manufacturers are 'Fn'+'F8' keys.
8) Hold down the 'Fn' key, and toggle the ‘F8’ key (or key determined by the manufacturer) once or two times.
9) This will switch the video image to the Laptop/Notebook display only, the TV only, or the Laptop/Notebook display and the TV simultaneously.
By clicking on the link, you will be leaving the official Royal Philips Healthcare ("Philips") website. Any links to third-party websites that may appear on this site are provided only for your convenience and in no way represent any affiliation or endorsement of the information provided on those linked websites. Philips makes no representations or warranties of any kind with regard to any third-party websites or the information contained therein.