When you switch on the Laptop/Notebook with the TV attached and switched on, the video image may appear on either the Laptop/Notebook display or the TV screen for the below connections.
1) HDMI to HDMI
- Connect the HDMI connection of the laptop/notebook with a HDMI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connection of the TV.
2) DVI-I to HDMI, with an added audio connection.
- Connect the DVI connection of the Laptop/Notebook with a DVI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connection of the TV. Alternatively, use a DVI-DVI cable and a DVI-HDMI adaptor.
Follow these steps to connect the devices:
1) Switch the Laptop/Notebook and the TV off.
2) Connect the Laptop/Notebook choosing one of the above connections.
3) Select the HDMI connection on the TV where the Laptop/Notebook is connected.
4) Switch the Laptop/Notebook on.
5) Depending on the graphical card, Laptop/Notebook operating system and configuration, the TV shows the Laptop/Notebook screen.
6) In some cases, you need to toggle the Laptop/Notebook to display the video image onto the TV screen. Note: Please refer to your Laptop/Notebook manual to determine which keys are used for the transfer function.
7) Example of the common function keys use by Laptop/Notebook manufacturers are 'Fn'+'F8' keys.
8) Hold down the 'Fn' key, and toggle the ‘F8’ key (or key determined by the manufacturer) once or two times.
9) This will switch the video image to the Laptop/Notebook display only, the TV only, or the Laptop/Notebook display and the TV simultaneously.