Double rib eye with a black pepper rub
Try a delicious, succulent steak rib eye with aioli using the Philips indoor smokeless grill. It’s sure to be a dinner favorite.
Servings 4, Preparation time 10 min., Cooking time: cooling / grilling 12 min.
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- Thyme (dried or fresh)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 double rib eye steaks (300 g / 10 oz each)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Tabasco (or other hot red pepper sauce)
- 1. Mix 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp (freshly) ground pepper, the paprika, 2 tsp thyme and 1/2 tbsp oil together. Rub the meat all over with the spice mixture.
- 2. Chop the peppers into big chunks.
- 3. For the aioli, peel and crush the garlic and mix with the mayonnaise, a few drops of Tabasco and a pinch of pepper.
- 4. Place the meat on the grill. Grill everything for 15 minutes, turning the meat and peppers halfway.
- 5. Take the meat off the grill and place it on a cutting board. Cover with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut the meat into thick slices and arrange them with the peppers and aioli on 4 warm plates.
- Serve with a mixed salad and rustic bread or jacket potatoes.