- You can find the current firmware version in your player in the Settings menu under Information. Regularly check www.philips.com/support for new firmware updates. If your firmware version is the same as the latest version posted on the support website, then there is no need to update the firmware. However, if you do not have the latest version, follow the steps below.
- Connect the player to your PC.
- Launch the Philips Device Manager from Start > Programs > Philips Digital Audio Player > SA31XX > Philips SA31XX Device Manager. If you do not have this program installed, install it from the supplied CD, or download it from www.philips.com/support.
- Make sure all other applications, such as Windows Media Player and Windows Explorer, that access the device are closed. Otherwise Device Manager will not recognize the device.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet
- Click update, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware upgrade.
How to update the firmware of my Philips player?
Published on 2017-03-01