With a machine:
1. Having rested your dough, divide into three equal portions. Keep two portions covered with a towel whilst you flatten one portion of dough into a rough rectangle.
2. Remember to flour your dough before passing it through the widest setting of the pasta machine.
3. Once extruded, reform your dough back into a rough rectangle before flouring once more, folding in half, and passing through the machine once again.
4. after preparing them.
Tip: Always have extra flour close to hand so that you can liberally dust your lasagne sheets in-between passing them through the machine. Remember to fold the dough in half each time.
5. Now change the pasta machine to the middle setting, or manually reduce the space between the rollers, before once again passing your dough through the machine. This time, you don’t need to fold the dough after extrusion.
6. Repeat this step for all three portions of dough, and then move to the thinnest setting on the machine, or until your pasta sheets are roughly 3 inches wide and 1mm thick.