Find out how to prepare Brownies
Servings 9 persons, Preparation time 20 minutes, Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 3 ½ oz dark chocolate
- 3 ½ oz white chocolate
- 4 small eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ¼ cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 8” x 8” cake tin, greased
- Preheat the oven to 360F. Melt half of the butter with the dark chocolate in a thick-bottomed pan, and melt the white chocolate in another pan with the rest of the butter. Leave to cool.
- Using the mixer, beat the eggs briefly with the sugar and vanilla. Divide the flour into 2 portions and add a pinch of salt to each.
- Beat half of the egg-sugar mixture through the dark chocolate. Then add in half of the flour and half of the nuts and mix. Do the same with the white chocolate mixture.
- Pour the white and brown brownie mixture into two different sides of the cake tin. Use a spatula to partially mix the two colours, creating a swirl. Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes. When ready, the surface should be dry to touch.