Codec is the technical term for coder/decoder.
It is a computer program that allows audio and video files for:
- Easy storage on your computer
- Quick transfer to your player and over networks.
To make video files transferable and playable, you should make sure the corresponding Codec is installed on your PC.
Check if a video file is playable by using the Philips’ Media Converter on your PC.
- If the video file is playable, this implies the video can be played on your player
- If the video file is not playable, you will have to install a Codec pack
The Internet is the best source for finding Codec packs that you need to play video files on your PC.
We suggest the following:
- Go to www.download.com/windows.
- Search for “directshow codec pack”
- Download and install one of the codec packs from the list of results
IMPORTANT NOTE: Philips cannot guarantee the accuracy or functionality of third party programs. Any questions or technical support must be directed to the distributor of the software.