For PC users
- Hook up the player to your PC.
- Open Windows Explorer, select your Key Ring Audio player labeled as removable drive and then right click to select format.
- Under file system select either FAT, FAT12, FAT 16 or FAT32.
- Click START to format the player.
For Mac users
- Hook up the player to your MAC.
- In the Application\KEY ring 256MB or Application\KEY ring 512MB folder, click on the Firmware manager application.
- The Firmware manager window will pop up, tick the “Format” box and then click START.
- When the formatting is completed, disconnect the player from the computer.