Rated 3 out of
This DVR performs well for recording over the air channels.
I purchased this DVR to record from cable. It worked fine with the digital cable channels until Cox went all digital. Now the cable box provides data only in analog or HDMI format, and neither will work with this DVR. It is useless to me unless an upgrade allows analog recording. Philips: Please develop and provide an update.
Date published: 2016-01-24
Rated 2 out of
Only hd channels can be recorded!
NO analog channels can be recorded UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. YOU CAN WATCH BUT NOT RECORD!! until this is upgraded so you can record analog channels don't waste your money!!
Date published: 2015-03-18
Rated 1 out of
2nd-unit with same playback failure.
I returned the first unit to Radio Shack. Both units fail to playback some of the recorded titles. Any attempt to playback some title causes the HDR5750 to freeze or crash, then eventually reboot.
Date published: 2015-01-15
Rated 1 out of
3rd unit-playback issues persist! skips or stops playback
This is the 3rd unit I have purchased and wasted $$ returning shipping. Every playback of recorded shows has some issue. most stop 3.39min into playback and skip to end or live TV. If you fast forward thru this point and rewind the issue is eliminated. But I wonder what time will do to this issue.
At the end of every recording the playback hesitates for a second or so before the recording continues to the end.
The signal strength is so weak that it pixelates frequently and worse, if you have both outputs RCA and HDMI connected to different units the RCA won't work. so you get only audio.
I have only had 10% or less of my recordings without issue.
Date published: 2014-08-01
Rated 4 out of
Summary of user info to date
• 5710 & 5750 are high-def (HD) Digital Video Recorders with HDD and streaming capability. No disc burner.
• Internal OEM HDD (500GB or 1TB) + up to 8 user-supplied external USB HDDs, each 32GB-4TB, menu selectable.
• Connections on back: RF/Coax in/out, 1x HDMI out, 1x YWR RCA out, 1x USB, 1x Ethernet. No line inputs.
• Linux OS. We need Linux help on file "accessibility"!
• Single tuner for tuning OTA/antenna or unscrambled analog/digital cable channels (separate channel scan options).
• Records OTA/antenna and unscrambled digital cable channels, but cannot record analog cable channels.
• Coax passthrough with unit on or off for watching one channel with TV or cable box tuner while recording a different channel.
• Tunes all channels in numerical sequence.
• Can delete single channels.
• 100 timer programs set by menu.
• Automatically titles recorded antenna and digital cable shows.
• Max. 2,000 titles on each HDD.
• Max. single-title rec time = 8 hours.
• Max. manual-timed rec ("one-touch") = 4 hours (time added w/Rec button in 15-min. increments).
• Record to or play titles from either HDD.
• High-speed Copy or Move titles between internal and external HDDs via "Dubbing" menu. Create genre HDDs?
• Simultaneous recording and dubbing (Copy/Move) between HDDs.
• Copy to ext. DVDR, PC, etc. via YWR RCA out (w/HDMI setting other than "Auto" or "1080p" for simultaneous output).
• Dolby TrueHD 7.1 surround-sound via HDMI (source-dependent).
• Closed caption, analog/digital (CC1/CS1).
• Variable skip/replay options (5s/10s/30s/1m/5m)
• Auto chapter options (Off/5m/10m/15m/20m/30m/60m).
• Chasing playback during recording (just press PLAY, don't need Title List)
• Simultaneous playback and recording (play other HDD titles while recording).
• Pseudo-PLTV - No buffer so must use REC. See this post for explanation.
• Wired and wireless networking.
• Streaming. Netflix, Vudu, YouTube, CinemaNow.. No indication that you can get more channels, like Hulu+, etc..
• On-screen keyboard for text entries in menus when reqd, e.g., edit title names.
• 2 remote codes to help prevent machine conflicts
• Manual clock setting.
• Auto Clock on/off setting, Search all channels or set specific channel that work best. See end of Post #2 for info on this setting.
• Auto power-off on/off setting (3 hours), with confirmation msg 3-min before shutoff.
• Auto software/FW update on/off setting, or update via USB.
Date published: 2013-12-21