Taste this fruity, moist pineapple upside down cake baked in the Philips Airfryer XXL (HD9630). Perfect dessert to end any meal.
Servings 12, Preparation time 20 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- « tsp baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- ó cup white sugar
- ¬ tsp salt
- « (20 ounce can) crushed pineapple with juice
- « can of sliced pineapple
- 4 maraschino cherries
- For buttery syrup on top:
- ¬ cup and 2 tbsp of butter
- ¬ cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp of evaporated milk
- « tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Mix flour, baking soda, salt and 1 « cups of white sugar together.
- 2. Stir in the beaten egg and the pineapple with juice and mix well.
- 3. In a saucepan combine butter, evaporated milk, vanilla and « cup white sugar. Bring mix to a boil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 4. Lightly grease the baking dish accessory (sold separately). Pour hot butter mixture into baking dish accessory. Arrange pineapple slices in butter mixture and place cherries in the middle of each slice
- 5. Pour cake mixture into the baking dish.
- 6. Set temperature to 325øF and bake for 20 minutes. Insert toothpick into center of cake, if it comes out clean let pan cool for 10 minutes. If not, bake for another 5 minutes.
- 7. Get large plate or platter ready. Use a spatula along the sides of the pan to separate any cake that may be stuck to the pan. Quickly flip baking dish over onto plate and remove.
- This recipe was made using the Philips Airfryer XXL (HD9630). If making in another version of the Philips Airfryer, use half of the ingredients or cook multiple batches.