1. Place buttermilk and chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag and marinate in the fridge for 60 minutes.
2. In a shallow bowl combine flour, salt, pepper, mustard powder, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
3. Remove chicken from buttermilk and pat dry, reserve the buttermilk in a shallow bowl. Dredge each thigh in the flour mixture, then in the buttermilk, then back in the flour mixture again to build a batter.
4. Place all thighs in the Airfryer basket and cook at 350 for 12 minutes.
5. While chicken cooks combine all waffle ingredients and pour into a pre-heated waffle iron. This makes four waffles.
6. Cut each waffle into halves and serve with air-fried chicken thigh on top. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
This recipe was created using the Philips Airfryer XXL (HD9630).