- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP of fresh grated ginger
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, chopped into quarters and pounded with the back of a knife
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Red Lentils
- 1 quart of vegetable broth
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 TBSP sea salt
- 1 TBSP black pepper
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1. Set Philips Multi Cooker to "Brown/Sauté” for 10 minutes and allow the cooker to preheat until the display shows 7 minutes remaining.
- 2. Add a bit of olive oil to the hot bowl of the cooker.
- 3. Add diced onions, minced garlic and lemongrass stalks to the bowl and sauté until fragrant (about 2-3 minutes); then, add the dry spices and stir to fully incorporate.
- 4. Add the lentils, broth, sweet potatoes and coconut milk.
- 5. Stir to fully incorporate all the ingredients, then close lid and set Philips Multi-Cooker to “Soup/Stew” for 25 minutes. Remove lemongrass stalks before serving.
- 6. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with fresh lime wedges. (OPTIONAL: you can also grate fresh lime zest on top before serving)